Dutch opposition declares that it has documents proving Turkey sent arms to Syrian jihadists
CDA deputy Pieter Omtzigt (Netherlands) said his party acquired the confidential documents in November and shared them with Dick Schoof, the National Coordinator for Security and Counterterrorism (NCTV). According to the report, the documents are duplicates from an ongoing criminal investigation in Turkey into the 2014 interception and search on three Syria-bound trucks that belonged to the National Intelligence Organization (MİT).
The BBC Turkish report said former Adana Governor Hüseyin Avni Coş, who was in office at the time of the interception of the MİT trucks, said in a testimony that the arms-filled trucks belonged to MİT and were being sent to Syria upon orders from then-Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
These Secret official documents about the searching of three trucks belonging to Turkey’s national intelligence service (MIT) have been leaked online, once again corroborating suspicions that Ankara has not been playing a clean game in Syria. According to the authenticated documents, the trucks were found to be transporting missiles, mortars and anti-aircraft ammunition. The Gendarmerie General Command, which authored the reports, alleged, “The trucks were carrying weapons and supplies to the al-Qaeda terror organization.” But Turkish readers could not see the documents in the news bulletins and newspapers that shared them, because the government immediately obtained a court injunction banning all reporting about the affair.
TURKISH GOVERNMENT AGAIN THREATENS TO BLOCK TWITTER
According to the Times, the threat of a block came about after a Turkish court ruled that media outlets couldn’t publish documents on a military police raid on the Turkish Intelligence Agency, citing national security concerns. While Facebook, Twitter, and Google worked to comply with the ruling, one newspaper, BirGun, continued to publish details on the raid to its Twitter account.
Israeli Helicopter Kills Iranian General With Lebanese Fighters In Syrian Territory
Israel has raised the alert on the Syrian border in the wake of the weekend air strike on Syria’s Golan Heights that killed five Hezbollah fighters, including the son of late Hezbollah top military commander Imad Mughniyeh, and an Iranian official, Israel’s Ynet news said Monday.
However, Hezbollah is not interested in an escalation, according to news analysts, is that the militants killed on Sunday were killed in the Syrian Golan, where Hezbollah has no justification to operate against Israel under the title it gave itself as protector of Lebanon.
The very fact that five Hezbollah men were killed right on the border in the Golan presents him as a liar to the Lebanese people, and it is therefore clear why Hezbollah has no legitimacy from the other groups in Lebanon, and from its own Shiite group, to operate in the Golan against Israel.
- Woman dies of H5N1 bird flu in Egypt, fourth death this year: The 47-year-old was in critical condition when she arrived at a hospital in Assiut province, a rural area where an H5N1 death was reported last week, ministry spokesman Hossam Abdel Ghaffar said.
Cease-fire in Yemen capital after deadly clashes
A ceasefire took effect in the Yemeni capital Monday, ending hours of fighting between Houthi rebels and troops near the presidential palace and in other parts of Sanaa, a security official said, according to Agence France-Presse. The cease-fire was agreed during a meeting of a representative of the Houthis with the defense and interior ministers.
Related found on Kindle Store :
Parameters of Engagement and Turkey’s Limits in the Coalition Against ISIS (On Turkey)